The curriculum determines the configuration of how subjects and grades are managed. Each student belongs to his/her curriculum and learns subjects and courses from that curriculum.
The curriculum can be managed by the school's eKool administrator and by headmasters.
- Curricula is the last menu item on the school page. There you can see school curricula, some of them could be archived. The Archived curriculum is possible to activate again. Each curriculum contains subjects and courses.
- To add a new curriculum, you should choose New from Menu. Add the curriculum name and a short description.
- Curriculum subjects can be divided into courses or study terms; select needed curriculum type:
- If subjects are divided into courses, each course gets a course grade at the end of it and annual grades are not allowed. It is possible to add a final grade for each subject based on all course grades
- If the subjects are divided into terms, it is possible to add term grades and annual grades based on term grades.
- In Estonia, it is possible to connect the curriculum with the State Curriculum. It could be useful to organize data export to state registers.
- Subjects that can use in curricula, have to be defined in <Classificatory> at first. Open the <Classificatory> menu item, open the menu item <Subjects>, and add new subjects. Click the link <Reorder> to change the subject's order. This order is in use for sorting into <Reports>.
- Add subjects to <Curriculum> – click on the <Add new subject> link; insert the subject’s name, add a connection with a subjects list item, and add a connection with the State Curriculum subject. If there is a need to add a graduation grade for that subject, is possible to set, who from the teachers has the right to add it and what graduation schema will be in use.
- Add subject cards. They could contain settings about one school year or about one course. The main part is to determine graduation possibilities: what types of grades are possible to use in journals what base on that subject card and which grade schema is in use for each grade type. Grade types are:
- lesson grade;
- test grade;
- exam grade;
- term grade;
- annual grade;
- course grade;
- OtherAggrGrade (additional type for grades).
- Set teacher, who is responsible for that card. A teacher has the possibility to change this particular subject card.
- Overview of school curricula and settings is presented in <Reports>. Open <Reports>, open <Curricula>, and report about subjects and subject cards by classes.
- To add a new journal administrator should open the <Schoolyear> window and select the tab <Journals>. <+> sign opens a form to add a new journal. Here administrator selects the curriculum and subject card, which gives grading rules for this journal and sets curriculum connection for grades given in this journal. Add journal name and select a teacher. The last step is to select students who will learn this subject course with this teacher.
- If a teacher adds his/her own journal, he/she should select a curriculum and subject card too and insert the journal name. Students are selected for the journal by picking them.
- If a teacher is responsible for the subject card, he/she sees the link <Edit> when opening the <Curriculum> section on the school’s page. Clicking that link opens the subject card and the teacher can change it.