Absences and reports for Form-master
Form-masters work with absences in school. This tutorial shows form-master possibilities to handle absences.
- The main tool for absences is the Absence journal. It is possible to find it in the My Classes section on the school’s page. The number on the journal’s icon shows unhandled absence notes from parents.
- After opening the journal Form-master sees a yellow mark behind the student’s name with a number of unhandled notes for that student. Absences are displayed by day and lesson number. Each column represents a lesson per day. Absences with reason are green and absences without reason in red. Unhandled absences are marked with “?”.
- Click on the child’s name and opens the detail view, where Form-master can confirm the absence note or discard it. While Form-master chooses to discard notes, he/she can add an explanation.
- It is possible to add an absence reason without a parent note, form-master should click on the link “+Add absence reason”. If absence reason engages more absences than one lesson, all lessons that are inside its time range will get the same reason.
- Another possibility to add an absence reason is on the Classes page. Open the class daily activities page and open the Absences tab. Here is a possibility to add a reason.
- Absence reports could be opened in the Reports window. Form-master should open sub-folder Absences.
- An attendance report gives students an absences overview and collects the number of absences with and without reason.
- The attendance Type report gives an overview of absences by type (for example: how many absences were because the student was ill). Absence reasons classificatory is determined by each school's accordant school rules.
- Dropout Students report gives warning about students, who have been absent without reason more than school rules allow.
- All reports can be filtered by terms or collected for the whole school year.
- Lateness is marked with yellow in Absence Journal. It is possible to add reason to lateness too.